High Speed Data Communication Services
STPI has been the pioneer as Data Communication Service Provider in India since 1993. In 1993, STPI- Bengaluru provided nx64 Kbps data communication connectivity to STP units through Intelsat F3 Standard Earth Station (ES) as the First International Gateway. STPI started providing last mile connectivity (point-to-point) to customer premises through owned RF/Microwave. STPI was then the first organisation to provide point-to-multipoint Microwave Radio network for Internet services in India. STP units within 30 km radius of the ES are connected through line-of-sight point-to-multipoint TDMA microwave links.
STPI caters to the data communication needs of the quality conscious Indian IT industry by providing SoftLINK service, providing Internet Leased line Connectivity to software exporters doing offshore development.
STPI also holds the Category-A Internet Service Provider (ISP) license with ALL INDIA as the service area. In fact, STPI is the first commercial Internet service provider of India and the first to offer Digital Private Line through multiple-access radio network. STPI’s National service delivery and management infrastructure includes 53 independent gateways.
SoftLINK is an internet service developed specially to cater to the needs of the IT industry. The Internet represents one of the most successful examples of the benefits of sustained investment and commitment to research and development of information infrastructure.
SoftLINK is a service offering Leased Internet access in two modes viz. Standard and Premium qualities Each having its own Quality of Service Parameters. This service was launched to cater to the rising needs of the industry for quality and committed service. SoftLINK Services have found a large customer base.
STPI offers high-speed Internet Leased Line Service with both Premium (1:1) and Shared (1:2 / 1:3 / 1:4) loading ratios at competitive rates. This service has been catering the needs of the IT industry and provides high-speed, dedicated Internet access with quality and reliability. 24*7*365 technical support, handled by a well-qualified technical team. Online bandwidth statistics allow Customers to monitor the usage and help them forecast future requirements. Service Level Agreement (SLA) for its internet network guarantees uptime of more than 99.5%.
- Network Redundancy at all levels (ie., last mile, router, switch and connectivity to Internet gateway on transmission level)
- Robust Network with multi-homed gateway
- 24x7x365 technical support, handled by well-qualified technical team
- Online bandwidth statistics to monitor the usage and enable customer to forecast future requirements
- An ISO / ISMS / SMS certified organisation
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) uptime of more than 99.5%
- Bandwidth on Demand (BoD) service for the existing Internet Leased Line Service customers
Last Mile Connectivity (Local Loop)
In the early 90s, the IT industry was growing and the demand for bandwidth was huge. While international bandwidth was available, there was a shortfall in the last-mile connectivity. To address the last mile connectivity challenges, STPI provided Microwave network catering to the immediate needs of the customers. This network was further strengthened by the addition of Point-to-Point radio networks enabling the delivery of a 2 Mbps or more bandwidth over the last mile.
STPI uses the latest software tools to design the microwave link and the same is tested in-house before implementation. Over a period, STPI microwave network has evolved to be one of the biggest microwave networks in use for data communication and has now become a true multi-vendor network.
During the post-millennium era, private operators participated in this segment and delivery of services through copper and fibre based last mile connectivity has become a reality. STPI has established a collaboration with all major service providers such as BSNL, Bharti etc. to service last mile over copper and fibre. With the last mile on copper / fibre there is considerable improvements in quality of service such as reduced delay, multiple redundancy options etc. The last mile service providers have designed the last mile in such a manner that the fibre is extended very near to the customer premises. This ensures that the last mile connectivity to the customer premises is only a few meters. The fibre switches of all the service providers mentioned above are located at STPI NOC, which reduces the provisioning time and increases the efficiency in case of troubleshooting.
The Internet traffic is filtered, scanned and cleaned at the STPI Internet Gateway before it reaches customer network providing increased network security without having to invest on expensive on-premise security appliance. This integrates critical security functions such as firewall, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus, web content filtering, application content filtering, malware, Botnet etc., and provides remote admin service for managing Firewall rules, Web filtering etc. Virtual-UTM service helps customers to manage compliance requirements by automatically enforcing corporate-level polices.
Managed IT Services
STPI offers the Managed IT Services to customers across India, over the cloud to address long IT infrastructure procurement cycles, underutilization of resources, need for dynamic scalability, and appropriate disaster recovery of applications and data.
Cloud has emerged as one of the most preferred modes to consume IT. STPI has partnered with leading Datacentre and Cloud Service provider to cater to the dynamic IT needs of its customers viz. Servers, Networks, Storage, Applications, Security, Cloud, Managed Hosting Service and Disaster Recovery Service backed by SLAs.
Managed E-mail Service
STPI offers a unique proposition to customers to have immediate access to their e-mail space, without the customer having to invest on the infrastructure to meet their state-of-art business needs.
Managed E-Mail is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based Mailing Solution.
- 99.9 % uptime of the E-mail service.
- E-mail, Admin Panel, Alias, Calendar, Address Book & LDAP.
- Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus enabled.
- Multiple language support for web interface of email service.
- Synchronization for Calendar/Events/E-mail /Tasks to Client devices as per Industry standards.
- E-mail Archiving.
- Supports all Web Browser, MS Outlook, Android & iPhone® Native E-mail clients.
- 24x7x365 support & monitoring.
STPI co-location facilities are built to ensure the highest level of security for the critical equipment.
The service offerings include:
- The rack-space or raw space with specified power and cooling facilities
- The servers are terminated on a Gigabit Ethernet switch, if internet connection is required for the server
- High capacity internet backbone
- 24*7*365 remote hand and eye support for customers
- CCTV surveillance, IP-based PDUs, water leakage and rodent detection system in place
- Fire safety and smoke detection systems are in place.
- Un-interrupted power supply 24*7*365
Backup service is a cloud-based Data Protection service, which allows to back up the critical data and make it available on-demand as required by the business. Backup service provides complete control over the data, allowing it to secure it as per business requirements. The service effectively manages all available data types, including structured and unstructured workloads. Features of Backup Service include:
- Encryption or equivalent during transmission and at rest
- Backup for Remote Server, Co-located server and virtual /cloud servers
- Data compression, offsite backup
- On-demand restore
- Offsite backup service options are based on tapes
Domain Web Hosting Service:
Domain Hosting Services
STPI's Domain hosting solutions help the customers to have a unique identity in internet world. STPI registers and hosts the domain for customer domain, which is hosted at two different network DNS servers for high redundancy. Any number of A, MX and PTR Records may be created based on request for a domain. The service can be offered from the secured DNS servers with provision for 24x7 help-desk support.
Website Hosting Services
STPI offers a unique proposition to customers to have immediate access to their web space, without the customer having to invest on the infrastructure to meet their state-of-the-art business needs. The customers can choose the operating system depending upon their requirements. With 99.9 % uptime, STPI offers periodic backup of the hosted site based on customer requirement. All the servers are kept behind firewall and 24*7 help-desk support is provided.
STPI will not be held responsible for the coding errors and any security threats caused due to coding mistakes of hosted websites/applications.
Tape Vaulting Service
The storage of data at Off-site is known as Vaulting. The storage can be on Tapes/CD/DVD/Disk, vaulted in fire-proof cabinet in a temperature-controlled environment.
Features of Tape Vaulting Service include:
- Strong room with Manned Security, Proximity Card, CCTV and Magnetic locks.
- Individually locking fireproof unbreakable rack.
- Sophisticated Fire Detection and Suppression Systems
- 24x7x365 access for customers to retrieve/recycle their vaulted tapes
- Temperature/humidity control, Set to remain within acceptable limits
- Fire Rated - Walls, Floor, Ceiling, Door and Tape Vaults
- Access-locked entrance with limited authorised access.
- Logs will be maintained for the movement of media.
- Card readers on all the exterior and interior doors.