Software Technology Park (STP) Scheme
The Software Technology Park Scheme (STP) is a 100% export-oriented scheme for software development and IT enabled services through data communication link or physical medium. STP scheme was introduced to give impetus to the software industry in concrete manner and for providing conducive environment to the industry to conduct the business at pace commensurate with international practices.
The scheme integrates the government concept of 100 percent Export Oriented Units (EOUs) and Export Processing Zones (EPZs) and that of Science Parks/Technology Parks, as operating elsewhere in the world.
Electronic Hardware Technology Park (EHTP) Scheme
Electronic Hardware Technology Park (EHTP) is a 100% export oriented scheme for manufacture of Electronic Hardware. Companies undertaking to export their entire production of goods and services may be set up under EHTP scheme. Companies engaged in manufacture of electronic goods and services can register to avail the benefits of this scheme.
STP and EHTP Scheme Benefits & Highlights:
- A company can set up STP/EHTP unit anywhere in India.
- 100% Foreign Equity is permitted.
- Approvals are given under single window clearance mechanism.
- Duty free import of goods, raw materials (EHTP) & Software are permitted.
- Import of second hand capital goods is also permitted.
- Re-Export of imported goods is permitted.
- Simplified Minimum Export Performance norms of “Positive Net Foreign Exchange Earnings (positive NFE)” over a period of five years.
- STP/EHTP units may also use all duty free equipment / goods for training purpose (including commercial training), subject to condition that no duty free equipment / goods shall be installed outside bonded premises for this purpose.
- Sales in Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) are permissible.
- Computers and computer’s peripherals may be donated to recognized institutions of India without payment of any duties after two years of their import.
- Depreciation up to 100% is permissible for Computers and Computer peripherals in 5 years and 10 years in case of other items.
Certification of Software Exports
Software Companies, which do not wish to avail the benefit of STP scheme, may get registered with STPI for the certification of Software Exports. On registration, certificate is issued to the company with the validity of three years during which they can get their Software Exports certified by STPI. The same may be renewed further for the period of three years at a time.
Procedures and Formats
Member Units: STP / EHTP Units
Ph No: 080-6618-6087/6095
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org